Family Stabilization Services
Through culturally appropriate case management, support groups, special events and referrals, Merrick’s Family Stabilization Services program advocates for individuals and families and addresses their immediate needs. The program strives to strengthen families and build community on the East Side.
By the Numbers
Merrick’s case management services are offered through a partnership with Ramsey County Human Services’ Family & Community Partnership (FCP), Parent support Outreach Program (PSOP) and Family Emergency Funds.
FCP/PSOP are voluntary programs designed to assist low-income families with minor children with basic needs and information regarding community resources.
Case management clients must:
- Live in Ramsey County
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be the parent of at least one child under 10 years old, OR
- Be a pregnant mother expecting her first child with more than one risk factor*, OR
- Be a minor mother not residing with custodian parent.
*Risk factors include: Cognitive, emotional or behavioral concern; lack of parenting skills; disability; child abuse; substance abuse; domestic abuse; homelessness.
GROUPS AND CLASSES
- Domestic violence support
- Financial literacy
- Housing 101
- Parenting support
- Peer support groups, culturally specific
- Family bonding
- Holiday events
- Back-to-school bash
- Culturally specific events
- Basic Needs
- Child care
- Emergency funds
- Energy assistance
- Housing stabilization services
- Long-term case management
- Medical expenses
- MnSure enrollment
- Public assistance
Make an Appointment
Family Services’ office hours are:
Monday-Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
To set up an appointment or phone screening, call 651-771-9339.