Merrick Community Services is celebrating the winter giving season with our Annual Holiday Share Toy Distribution Event on December 16th, 2023. This year, we hope to be able to serve over 700 families on the East Side of Saint Paul with toys, food, and holiday fun.
We are still looking for volunteers! Please see the “Volunteer Time” information below.
Ways to Help Families for the Holidays
Can you collect toys for us at your location? Support us with a toy drive!
We are collecting toys for children of all ages. If you can collect items from employees and/or customers within your business and bring them to Merrick before Monday, December 11th, we will happily include them in the distribution! We ask that all items be new, in original packaging, un-wrapped.
If you can serve as a collection point for customers, we can provide you with a collection bin and appropriate signage! Contact Crystal Friedman at 651-478-1089 or email@example.com.
We are needing to purchase some items directly this year. Are you able to make a contribution to help cover costs? A contribution of $1500 would help us cover some basic items for about five families; and $4500 would help us serve up to 15 families. If you are able to do more, we can do more together!
Every year we have a shortage of gifts for children age 14-17, and have to purchase items directly. If you can contribute in any way, that would be greatly appreciated! You can drop off gifts at the front desk Monday – Thursday 8 am to 5:30 pm.
We will need some hands-on support on the day of the event, and likely additional time in the days prior. Shifts will be available to help with in person toy shopping on Saturday, December 16th, or the week before with organization and set up. Please contact Amy Votel at 651-348-6568 or firstname.lastname@example.org or register below.
Weekday Volunteer Times
- Tuesday 12/12 from 10 – 12 pm
- Wednesday 12/13 from 10 – 3 pm
- Thursday 12/14 from 10 – 3 pm
Event Volunteer Times
- Saturday 12/16 from 7:30 am – 11 am
- Saturday 12/16 from 1:30 pm – 5 pm
Registered Participant Information
If you have any questions about registration, please call Crystal at 651-478-1089 or email at email@example.com.
INFORMATION For SATURDAY, December 16th
- Please be sure to have your 8-digit registration number with you on Saturday– this would be found on your registration email confirmation.
- Please come at your chosen appointment time.
- If you cannot find that number, please call us for help BEFORE December 16th.
- If at all possible, we encourage you to keep your child(ren) at home. Our hope is that you can choose gifts without them present to see the choices you have made.
- You will not be eligible to sign up for the Holiday Share Toy Distribution if you are already signed up for Adopt-A-Family through a Merrick caseworker.
Date: Saturday, December 16th, 2023
Location: 1669 Arcade Street, Saint Paul, MN 55106
1669 Arcade Street North
Saint Paul Paul, MN 55106