What you should know about Merrick Community Services
For more than 110 years, Merrick Community Services has demonstrated through its mission that it supports individuals and families to navigate life transitions, find health and stability, and promote independence.
Merrick Community Services was founded on Saint Paul’s East Side in 1908 as the Christ Child Society, a part of a national model of settlement houses, which provided essential services to economically disadvantaged communities. Today, Merrick Community Services stands as one of the oldest nonprofit agencies in Ramsey County, with a history of assisting individuals and families transition from poverty and become self-sufficient and stable. The core programs of MCS are Nutritional and Independence Services (comprised of the Food Shelves and MOW/Senior Services) and Employment, Family and Youth Services.
Food Shelf Logistics Coordinator
Position Type: Full-time (32-40 hours per week)
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Travel Required: Local (fewer than 10%)
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field or 2 years Post-Secondary Education plus work experience; the ideal candidate will be bilingual in Hmong or Spanish
- Supervise food shelf volunteers to refine daily food shelf processes and procedures
- Food ordering from food banks and produce distributors
- Data entry and registration
- Assist food shelf participants with intake and screen for community resources
- Create calendars, flyers, schedules
- Unloading trucks
- Lead Mobile Food Shelf Distributions: planning monthly mobile food distributions at 2 local sites including ordering, day of logistics and partnership building
- Lead Jet Fuel Backpack Collaboration: order food and coordinate
- delivery with local schoolRepresent MCS to support and/or establish collaborative relationships with businesses, churches, other organizations and individuals interested in donating food and/or product and/or volunteering to Merrick Community Services Food Shelf
- Weigh and track food shelf donations into database
- Coordinate donor communications
- Maintain organization throughout areas of food shelf
- Load, unload, and stock product. This position is physically demanding and requires repeated lifting of up to 50 pounds.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field or 2 years Post-Secondary Education plus work experience
- Bilingual in Spanish or Hmong Preferred
- Ability to communicate positively with a diverse community
- Cooperative team member who can also work well independently
- Ability to multitask while still meeting deadlines
- Flexible when situations arise that are not planned
- Possess problem solving skills
Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
All interested applicants should send a cover letter and professional resume to email@example.com
Merrick Community Services is an inclusive environment and equal opportunity employer committed to serving diverse individuals, organizations and communities.