Below is a listing of modifications.
Career Services Modifications
Merrick is doing its part to take extra precautionary measures to fight the COVID-19 pandemic. Consequently, the Career Services department has modified some of its direct services. We are thankful that several Career Services’ resources will continue to be available to all individuals seeking employment and career services.
Temporarily Discontinued Career Services
- Walk-in Employment Counseling
- Access to the Computer Resource Room
Ongoing Available Career Services (Must First Call or Email Career Services Staff Directly)
- Pre-scheduled Appointments with a Merrick Employment Counselor
- Resume Building Assistance
- Job Searches and Job Leads
- Job readiness and interview skills training
*Merrick is continuing its aggressive recruiting campaign for workers interested in the Highway Heavy Construction Training Programs, scheduled to begin as early as April. Contact us for further details!
For questions or more information, please contact
Brant Ingalsbe – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-219-5555
Gao Lee – email@example.com or call 651-348-6568
Family Services Modifications
- Family Services will no longer be accepting Walk-in Appointments for rental assistance and/or utility disconnect services.
- Intakes for new enrollment for services will continue to be done over the phone by calling 651-287-2088.
- If a person is in need of rental assistance, are at risk for utility shut-off, or requires assistance with other basic needs or emergency support, please call the Intake Line at 651-287-2088.
- All in-person Case Management Visits have been cancelled. Case Management visits will be conducted over the phone or via video chat.
- All Financial Literacy, Housing, and Monthly Groups have been cancelled until further notice.
*If a person is currently working with a Case Manager and is in need of emergency support, due to the COVID-19 Crisis, please contact your Case Manager directly. Contact information is listed below. Staff are working remotely and will respond to requests within 24 hours
Zulma Erickson – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-219-5534
Ciatta Kollie – email@example.com or call 651-219-5449
Nicole Kipper – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-478-1089
Gabrielle Reeve – email@example.com or call 651-219-5448
Other questions/concerns, Diamond Hunter – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 651-219-5558
Food Shelf Modifications
Merrick Community Services is changing operations due to the COVID-19 crisis. Following CDC guidelines to limit social distance and exposure, participants will no longer be shopping for their groceries in our Food Shelf.
- Participants will be picking up Emergency Food Boxes from our Food Shelf curbside, outside of
Door 2A at 1669 Arcade Street.
- While keeping a
6 foot distance, Staff and Volunteers will be asking for names, addresses and phone numbers of those who receive emergency boxes for our data collection purposes.
- Food will be distributed at the following times:
- Monday from 3 PM to 5 PM
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10 AM to 11:30 AM
- All pre-existing appointments will be honored at the date and time assigned. There is no need to make an appointment to receive an Emergency Box; food will be distributed during Food Shelf hours of operation.
- If you have an appointment at the Woodland Hills location or if that is a more convenient location, you can receive food on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10 AM to 11:30 AM. Woodland Hills Staff and Volunteers will be using the same curb side pick-up distribution model of Emergency Boxes.
- We are no longer scheduling future appointments at this time. We will revisit our operations, as the pandemic continues. We will continue to provide food support to the East Side of Saint Paul.
- Thank you for your patience and understanding.
*For questions, please call 651-287-2088 for Merrick Community Services at 1669 Arcade Street or 651-487-0001 for Woodland Hills.
Meals on Wheels Modifications
Merrick Meals on Wheels is changing operations due to the COVID-19 crisis.
- Following CDC guidelines to limit social distance and exposure, meals will only be delivered on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Participants will be provided frozen meals for Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and the weekend.
- Food will still be delivered by Volunteers from 11:30 AM to 12:30 AM on Mondays and Thursdays, until further notice.
- Volunteers may place the food in a bag on the door handle and knock, ring the doorbell, or call the participant to let them know it was delivered. Volunteers also may refuse to go inside any apartment buildings and call the participant to get the food at the door.
*Merrick Meals on Wheels is practicing strict sanitization rules every day. We are using bleach spray on all thermal bags and surfaces inside of Merrick that someone may touch. We provide volunteers with gloves, chlorine wipes, and hand sanitizer gel. We have restrooms available for handwashing with soap and hot water before deliveries, as well.
For questions or more information, contact Larissa Little – email@example.com or call 651-287-2092
Already, we have seen an increased need in all services (and anticipate this to only grow in time); we have lost some volunteers and we are uncertain about some of our funding sources and how we will be reimbursed. Additionally, our March Food Drive is not expected to meet its goal this month and we almost certainly will need to reschedule our June Merrick Momentum Breakfast Fundraiser, which will additionally strain our revenue and cash flow even further.
Therefore, we will need additional unrestricted funds from donors, to ensure we are able to keep staff working and available to continue to serve those in need on the East Side and beyond. Please click on the Donation link to make a contribution today.
With deep appreciation for your past and ongoing support and hopefulness for good health and safety,
Daniel A. Rodriguez